To backup savegames from your cartridges (e.g. for use with a ROM dump on a card like the CycloDS Evolution) there are two ways.
EZFlash 3in1 method
- Download and install (on your microSD) the NDS Backup Tool 3in1 from Rudolph
- Make sure the EZFlash 3in1 is in your Slot2 and the CycloDS containing the card with the NDS Backup Tool is in Slot1
- Launch CycloDS and use it to run the backup tool
- Make sure you are in the Save Backup mode (if not, press L until you are)
- Press B to create a new savegame dump
- You are prompted to remove the current Slot1 card (CycloDS) and put in the card of the game … do so!
- Press A when ready
- Now the savegame data will be copied to the Flash of the EZFlash 3in1 card
- You are prompted to turn off the DS and re-run the NDS Backup Tool
- Turn off the NDS (or press A), remove the game cartridge and insert the CycloDS cartridge again
- When loading CycloDS, hold L-R to automagically re-run the backup tool
- Confirm the copy process by pressing A
- Now the savegame data will be copied from the EZFlash to your microSDHC card
- You’re done. The savegame will be in a folder
/NDS_Backup/on your microSDHC card.
- (You might have to rename the savegame file to the same name as the backup ROM of the game.)
I did not test this method, but it needs a working Wi-Fi-connection from your NDS to your Access Point and some PC in your network. You’ll have to setup a FTP server. Download the NDS Backup Tool WiFi from Rudolph, unpack to your microSD and modify the file
NDS_Backup_Tool_Wifi.ini and enter the IP, Port, Username and Password of your FTP server. The rest of the process should be similar to the above (despite of the switching cartridges).