- Turn the notebook on its lid, plug out the power cord, remove the battery and the CD-ROM drive
- Remove the screws marked below:
- Open the lid as shown below and use a screwdriver to pull the plastic off the clip
- You should now have removed the top plastic cover with the buttons on it.
- Now remove the other screws to be able to remove the bottom plastic cover with the touchpad area
- Here you can see the BIOS battery. Lift the keyboard and carefully lift the bronze sheet metal piece. (If you own the E7110, you need to remove a screw near the Firewire-port to be able to bend the metal sheet up. Thanks to Maris F. for this hint.)
- Pull out the small plug and wait about a minute.
- Assemble the notebook the other way around and smile. You just reset your BIOS password although Fujitsu-Siemens says you have to take your notebook to a service point to let it be done. (because the Lifebook E-series is so secure LOL )
Lifebook e8310 does not work. The password is not deleted.
I did try that but is not working what can I do again?